quinta-feira, 28 de julho de 2011

"I came from a country where fear of others had not found a foothold"

O escritor Jo Nesbø fala sobre a vida depois do ataque à Noruega. A must read.


Ah, e o editor da revista Megafon, que tive o prazer de conhecer a semana passada, escreveu este arrepiante artigo. Talvez por o conhecer, talvez pelo apelo humano, arrepiei-me ao ler isto.

"At the same time, 2.25 pm local time in Glasgow, Scotland I am attending the last day of the International Network of Street Papers conference. It's been four, long days of work, fun and partying with good friends and colleagues from all across the world. The topic of the day is our news agency, the Street News Service. Earlier I had attended a workshop with the world famous photographer David Burnett. He spoke about, amongst other things, his photos from Vietnam, and how a young mind can cope with the horrific images of the war. He emphasizes the importance of storytelling, using your skill as a photographer to tell a story and make a difference.
...
The images that comes from Oslo look the same as the images I saw in David's workshop. Destruction, demolished buildings, injured people and people in shock. Last time I saw these kinds of images from Norway was in a film about the Second World War.
...
I am a reporter, a photographer. I want to be there, telling the story, not here in a ballroom in Glasgow. It is a fight between my phone and the award ceremony on the stage. We won the award, for best design, together with our good friends from The Big Issue in Scotland and Wales. It is nice to win an award, but my mind is some were else."

Sem comentários: